Demonstration tooling moulds for the EcoWingBox wing.
Multiplast built two 14m long aircraft wing moulds (Extrados and Intrados) using a reduced cost technique to provide a demonstrator aircraft wing for Daher Socata.
- Mould constructed using pairs of naval construction type plywood for reduced costs,
- Carbon epoxy resin skin for an out of autoclave pre-preg cure at 145°C,
- o Shape tolerance from ±0.7mm and ±0.5mm depending on the zone concerned, obtained during the sanding phase by using laser tracking inspection,
- Metal chassis structure for transport,
- Vacuum distribution system integrated into the tooling.